Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Game of Love and War

When I made this comic I was playing a lot of chess online. I am not very good, but I really enjoyed it and even joined a chess club for awhile. One thing I noticed so often was that some people would be really protective of their queen and sacrifice other pieces, because the queen is so strong, but knowing this, other more advance players would put them in a position where saving the queen, would ultimately mean losing the King and the game.

But its not just about the power of the weak in the game of Chess. Bringing the characters to life with fantasy and strategy in the story can really let you see how this relates to the real world and how your choices and sacrifices will effect your life. Of course, if you were really good maybe you could win the war and keep your queen, but are people willing to put in the time and effort to train for that ultimate happiness? I think everyone will think of their own personal agenda with life and how this fits in.








The Game of Love and War
This comic is an eight panel flip book
4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Ink on Paper
2009

© Kristen Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment